There’s a reason so many companies are switching to custom kraft boxes. Kraft paper, also known as sack paper, has been used for decades to provide affordable, lightweight, durable packaging options. Made with a process that maximizes flexibility and toughness, kraft paper makes boxes that will hold up to the strain of shipping and look great for a long time to come. They are the ultimate in light box strong packaging for your products.
When customized with your logo, a kraft paper box is a great choice for a wide variety of product types. Not all custom kraft boxes are the same, however. Here are five things to look for in your custom kraft boxes to make sure you’ll be happy with them:
1. Complete customization. A custom kraft should not just have your logo on a sticker put on the side, nor should it have limited color options. A good custom kraft box will feature your logo or design printed in full color on the box, across the entire front side of the box if desired.
2. Large selection of sizes. Kraft boxes are used for a myriad of different product lines, everything from baked goods and sweets to hand crafts, garments, art items and more. Accordingly, your custom box supplier needs to provide a wide range of sizes, shapes and designs for you to choose from. This may include boxes with inserts that help hold and display items such as cupcakes or muffins. If your supplier cannot provide the box style you need, keep looking.
3. Choice of corrugated or card stock. Kraft paper is a strong material but sometimes you need extra sturdiness. In this case it’s better to use corrugated kraft paper, which is essentially a two-ply construction designed for maximum toughness. In other cases, a light package is the ideal and plain, smooth kraft paper cardstock is the best material to choose. Your packaging company should offer both.
4. Recycled content. The best kraft boxes are made from 100% recycled paper to match your commitment to the earth.
5. Clear window options. Kraft paper boxes are commonly designed with a clear window on the top to show off what’s inside. If you want to make the best display possible, insist on a clear plastic window.
These are just a few of the things to look for to make sure you get the most out of your custom kraft boxes. What else do you look for?